In our experience, people have extra keys and like to give them away or "drop" them on Steam groups, Reddit, and other various sites. The problem is, there are also bots being written to automatically grab keys and, using AutoHotKey scripts, enter the key into their Steam client and register the game. This makes it difficult to compete as a human just trying to get some new games to play. Have your head in the sand and don't believe bots are possible? Take a look at this.
We take a different approach. We provide a simple platform that has strategies for avoiding bots and automated systems. It uses many of the techniques the community already has in place.
What is it?
We allow you to drop keys and provide the following features:
- Drop keys as yourself or anonymously.
- Create public or private key drops. Private drops are only accessible via the URL, which you control and share as you like.
- Keys are securely encrypted using bcrypt and the Blowfish cipher.
- Keys are generated as image data with shadows, imperfect fonts, and image noise to make bot scraping more difficult.
- Keys are displayed with question mark placeholders for certain characters in the key and clues to the missing character are automatically generated.
Do you make money?
This is a project created by me, a fellow gamer and also a web developer. While I do have an affiliate button and a donate button, to-date, I have yet to make more than a few cents. Not nearly enough to cover the hosting costs alone. I created, host, and maintain this site as one of my many ways of giving back to the community. I don't do it for money and only have those buttons as a way to hopefully, someday, be able to at least cover the hosting costs.